Handling valuables and artwork requires a simple and practical solution that allows to move objects with the security of knowing where they are at all times and who's being managed.
One of our distributors has applied a control solution and tracking objects in jewelry stores and museums.
In these environments is of utmost importance to keep a safe and strict monitoring of objects available and authorized to manipulate people.
This solution has been carried out with the reader / writer AMP600 RFID tags. It is a mobile device designed for desktop and reading smart tags. Especially recommended jewelers and opticians, as it is ideal for an active inventory on ESTOC. That is, by selling a product inventory is managed by discounting the material list.
The solution incorporates two types of environment in which it is necessary to control in the handling and management of valuables.
Control and traceability in jewelry:
- On the management and handling of jewelry and valuables, the level of safety and security must also be very high.
- To achieve this, jewelry or valuables must carry an RFID tag that identifies them by inserting relevant data in it.
- The shop is equipped with an RFID reader connected to the POS terminal of jewelry. Whenever the clerk manipulates a gem the RFID tag reader detects subject movement value, thereby controlling the location at all times of the jewel.
- Once the client decides on the purchase of the jewel, the POS terminal of the store product discounts the stock and manages the sale of the jewel.
- Optionally and for added security, the clerk at the store can wear bracelets with RFID reader which can protect the jewel handling. The RFID wristband avoids raising the alarm in the window or display case where the jewels are.
Control and traceability for museum environments:
- As for the organization and management of works of art in a museum should consider the level of security and safety, as the objects found are of high economic value and artistic. Moreover, most of them are physical reach of the visitor and we must ensure that the works are not damaged by vandalism or accidental incidents.
- To do this, the control solution and traceability valuables, passes insert an RFID tag on each piece of art or valuable object. The RFID tag identifies the work of art with a set of relevant data.
- By installing RFID tag readers are able to control the traceability of works of art, both on-site museum and in the transfer to other museums.
- You can also apply management solution artworks to restore them, inputting information, and discussions.
It is a complete solution that incorporates the information needed to keep track of valuables and art, manage and control their traceability and location at all times. RFID tags provide the necessary information about the product and RFID tag reader to manage products and ESTOC thereof.
This application's components:
This application has been developed by one of our customers. If you are interested, we will get in touch with them.