Municipal markets tend to be crowded places. Therefore, it has become a need to implement measures to monitor the capacity limitation in order to guarantee social distancing.
In most of the markets there are several entrances. However, if you do a manual count at the different access gates the result might be not a reliable one.
Therefore, it is way more efficient to install an automatic system in market passage areas to monitor accesses and exits in real time.
KForum is an automatic people counting system to monitor the number of people entering and leaving a venue.
It is a non-camera-based system, which does not store personal data on any server. Therefore, it does not breach the General Data Protection Regulations (RGPD).
The gauging control solution with KForum consists on the one hand of the installation of a pole (bollard) which it includes:
- Photocells. They define the kind of access (either entry or exit). If there is a transit area, a photocell will be aimed at the entrance and another one at the exit.
- Along with the photocells you will find the reflectors which are aligned with these photocells.
- It has a light that turns either green or red as in a traffic light to indicate whether the capacity is under or over the limit. This is an advantage for both the customers and the surveillance officers at the market entrances, as they can quickly visualise the real capacity situation.
- Three ports:
- An HDMI Port so you can connect any type of monitor/display.
- A USB Port to enter the configuration by keyboard if you do not want to do that via web app.
- An Ethernet Port for networked installations in rooms with more than one access door.
- A Plug and an On/Off button.
To monitor capacity at all times, our distributor developed a local web app for KForum that only works within the LAN. The App allows you to configure and monitor the capacity using a mobile device, a computer or a tablet.
Through this local web App you can see the maximum capacity, the exact number of users within the facilities and the total percentage of capacity.
KForum is a Plug-and-Play solution as there is no need to configure IPs or locate equipment on the network.
All KXP equipment within the LAN that serves the port we have defined is automatically detected. Thus, the system recognises all these devices and then starts to control the capacity according to the set parameters.
You only have to fix the pole in the area of passage and place the reflectors on the wall or on another pole if there is no support surface.